Embrace Gardening- The Edibles for 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
The Edibles for 2021 aka ‘What to Grow in Chinook Country’
Tired of the same old, same old veggies in your garden? Let's explore some different ones that will pep up your garden and plates!
Using a colourful Power Point for visuals of what is possible for us this coming growing season, we will look at:
- New hybrids and cultivars of staple veggies, unusual ones you haven't even heard of or didn't think we could grow, to tiny varieties on through huge varieties of the same edibles, and even a zoo of ones named after animals for the children there are so many to chose from.
- Explore fast and fresh early greens, durable greens for the season, roots of all kinds, naturally tomatoes and potatoes, the squash we crave, a new look at onions and garlic, culinary herbs to delight
- Lets not avoid the perennial edibles
- And have another look at heritage versus hybrid seeds
- We'll even look at ones for the hard to grow spaces and get into ones that we can grow better now that our climate is moderating with 'the change' and look at how we can make sure that those changes to our climate can be mitigated by what and how we grow so we have a bounty of harvest in 2021.
Janet Melrose is Calgary's Cottage Gardener coaching, education and Horticultural Therapy will be leading the sessions. She is co-author of the Prairie Gardener's Go-to Series of books. Follow Janet on Facebook.
Funds raised will help support the Host Community Garden!
This event is hosted by the Faithful Companions of Jesus (FCJ) Community Garden
How it works!
You register through Eventbrite, and on the day of the event you will be sent the On-line login information through GoToMeeting. You can join with webcam enabled or just audio through your computer, and can also call in with your phone. Easy-peasy!
If you can't attend the Webinar on the 7th, please let us know. We will be recording it and can provide a copy through a Dropbox option in MP4 format. The file is too big to send via email or other options, but Dropbox is a piece of cake!
How can I contact the organizers with questions?
Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
To ensure that we are able plan accordingly refunds are generally not provided, except of course for any COVID related issue. You are welcome to gift your ticket to a friend!