“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew
The FCJ Christian Life Centre is grateful for all the work that volunteers do to support our programs, events, our building, and staff. Volunteers make the job easier and enhance the work and mission of the FCJ Centre. The work of volunteers makes a significant difference.
Here are a few things that volunteers and researchers have identified as the benefits of volunteering:
• Volunteering is a way to support causes and work that interests the individual
• Volunteering allows for a sharing of interests, skills, and abilities
• Volunteering is social networking; it helps build relationships and new friendships
• Volunteers learn new skills that will positively impact their lives, careers, and social connections
• Volunteering helps to build self-esteem and makes people a valuable part of the community
“Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into
a future of which we can all be proud.” – Helen Dyer
We invite you to register your interest in volunteering at the FCJ Retreat and Conference Centre (FCJ Christian Life Centre) by completing this information. You will be contacted (usually within two weeks). At this time, we will complete the application process and discuss opportunities that may be suitable for your time schedule, interests, and skills.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Gandhi
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteer position - Volunteer Gardener, Job Number: 2022-003V- Volunteer Posting - The FCJ Centre is currently seeking a volunteer gardener to aid in maintaining the outdoor gardens and flower beds of the FCJ Retreat and Conference Center so we can inspire and delight visitors with quality plants in well-designed gardens.
To apply, please submit the above Volunteer Application and indicate your interest in the gardening volunteer. For more information, please contact email@example.com.